Monday, November 17, 2008

Coffee and cena with housemates






José and Naomi are the other Fulbright people in Querétaro. They kindly invited Abel and Erika and I for dinner (cena) and gave us a tour of their impossibly tall house: it has five floors, and there’s basically a room on each floor!
The center of Querétaro is magical at night - - I should take more photos.
Ceci, a friend from school and my neighbor, earned her “título” about a month ago. In Mexico, you can graduate from college without earning a “título,” which requires a thesis and a lot of extra paperwork and dedication. The “titulación” ceremony is when the professors who worked with you personally recognize your hard work in front of friends and family. – I was expecting an American graduation ceremony with caps and gowns and tons of people, so I was surprised to find only Ceci and her family! I learned that the big graduation ceremony takes place separately.

No comments: