Monday, March 30, 2009

Holidays in Chiapas!





In December I traveled to Chiapas in the South of México with my housemates, Erika and Abel. Their families are both from San Cristóbal de las Casas, one of the most picturesque cities I’ve ever visited. Now I know why Chiapas is such a popular tourist destination (especially for liberal European tourists who followed the Zapatista uprising in 1994): it is possibly the most geographically and ethnically diverse state in the Republic. In addition to enjoying the colorful, pedestrian-friendly streets of San Cris, we explored some of the outlying areas, including breathtaking waterfalls and Mayan ruins!

1 comment:

Willers said...

Sarah! Welcome home! I cannot find your email, so I am sadly remiss in getting in touch with you. I'd love to hear a little about your year and your plans before you depart for points east!